Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Phantom of the Opera Review

Wow. Where to begin? Phantom of the Opera has been my favorite musical going on 4 years now as Christine is my absolute dream role! The second te curtain went up, my mind and my heart were captured and transported to another time! The set was extremely interacte and all of the little details were astonishing! Everything from the lighting to the choreography was pristine and it was obvious, the hard work that had been put into the production. At first when Christine started singing, I was unsure of how I felt about her voice, but I think it just caught me off guard because once was the show was in full-swing, I found myself anticipating when she would sing next! Her voice floated so effortlessly she wa very obviously an extremely talented soprano! Her love interest, Raul, completely stole my heart with his enchanting voice and terrifc acting, but I think the Phantom REALLY made the show for me! I have never heard a voice so elegant but commanding a the same time! He projected so well in such a large space, and his acting was impeccable! I laughed, cried, and yearned so much during this show, and I can only hope to be in a production as outstanding one day! Everything was simply magical, and I never wanted it to end!! I would SO reccommend this show to ANYONE who has an interest in theatre!!

No comments:

Post a Comment